If you want to make a tapper for the song “Jesus is Knocking” here are some simple instructions.
- Cut out a rectangular board from 16mm plywood. The board should be about 180 x 100mm.
- Cut a cube of pine or other timber with 40mm square sides
- Cut a piece of string long enough to swing block to make the tapping noise
- Drill a hole in the bottom corner of the board to pass the string holding the block through.
- Drill a hole through the centre of the tapping block
- Using the string join the block to the board
- You can also attach string at the top to hang the board around your neck (so the heart is where your heart is)
- Paint a heart or a door on a heart for you to tap on (art is not my thing so I am sure you can do better!)
- Play the song and tap along!